For English, please scroll down
Bitte klicken Sie auf „Home-Deutsch“ in der Menüleiste um an alle weiteren Informationen zu gelangen. Danke!
WHAT IS THE MEDITATION MARATHON?
The Meditation Marathon is a global event designed to catalyze a deeper awareness of the liberating power of meditation and the development of human consciousness. During the Marathon, participants are invited to meditate from their homes or in groups together for any or all of a 24-hour period.
DISCOVER THE SOURCE OF ONENESS
The Meditation Marathon is the shortest deep meditation retreat that you can find. Over the 24-hour period—which includes breaks, meal times, and hourly leg-stretching pauses—you drop deeper and deeper into pure awareness, beyond the chatter of the mind. Letting go and meditating for this long awakens a subtle new perception of life, freed from division, and grounded in Unity.
Everyone is welcome—no matter if you have never meditated before or have spent years on silent retreats in a monastery. Let’s come together and let everything go.
WHAT TO EXPECT OF THE MARATHON?
- During the Meditation Marathon, you will have the opportunity to surrender and do nothing, letting yourself enter into stillness through the support of the collective field of the meditation marathon. You may find your experience of meditation going deeper than ever before as you engage in this spiritual practice with hundreds of others from all over the globe. This year’s marathon will provide you with:
- Meditation instructions and readings by accomplished teachers and spiritual leaders
- A guide to having a profound and successful Meditation Marathon on your own or with others
- A Zoom-link (explanation see below) and dial-in number for the collective meditation living room (select English or German)
- A schedule for the Meditation Marathon that consists of a sequence of 45-minute meditation periods, breaks, and meal/refreshment time.
- Readings for inspiration and guidance throughout the Marathon.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE?
The Meditation Marathon is a global virtual event, connected via Zoom videoconferencing or conference call, so that anyone can participate from anywhere in the world. Whether you are alone in the comfort of your home or with a sangha, all you will need is a computer device with camera or telephone, a quiet space, your meditation cushion or chair and, finally, plenty of curiosity and care for the whole.
With Zoom Videoconferencing, you can participate via any PC, tablet, or smartphone that has a camera, which allows us to see each other during the event. If you don‘t want to be connected in this way, we will also provide a dial-in number that will connect you with the event, just without a camera.
Zoom is free for you if you use your PC/tablet. If you use a phone, you just have to pay your local telephone fee.
The first time you use Zoom, you will have to download a small program in order to access the Zoom Room. We recommend that you do this before the Marathon.
You will receive the link to the Zoom Room after registration, together with the readings and the dial-in number.
To participate click on the link to register and we will send you further instructions.
The Meditation Marathon will begin at 9:00 AM EST on December 10 and end at 9:00 AM EST on December 11, 2016.
If you struggle with the time conversion, check the World Time Buddy. You can find it here: www.worldtimebuddy.com
Join for a full 24 hours, 12 hours, or even 1 or 2. Many new meditators are surprised to discover how much easier and more profound it is to meditate with others—even when we are spread out across the globe! Concerned that 24 hours is too much? Or are you new to meditation? Don’t worry. You’re in good hands. You decide how long you want to meditate. And we will give you clear and simple meditation instructions.
DISCOVER THE UNITY THAT WE ARE. JOIN THE 8th ANNUAL MEDITATION MARATHON.